Over the past fifty years, we have supported your process changes and new energy and environmental constraints. With your technical experts on site, we have constantly improved our solutions to meet your insulation performance objectives. There is no doubt that there is a solution for you within the NEFALIT® millboard range.
Your jobs are different, your processes are different, your experiences are different, your constraints are different... but your requirements are mostly the same:
- That the temperature is the lowest on the cold face
- That the insulation is constant throughout the life of your refractories
- That the lifespan of your refractories is increased
- That you are self-sufficient with an easy cutting and installation back-up
That the temperature is the lowest on the cold face
- Cold face temperature reduction >10% (340°C to 305°C with Nefalit® 11) (*)
(*production site 2.5 million T/year, 350 T ladle, Steel 1650°C, 1,000 castings/year, Nefalit® 11 th. 12 mm back-up of refractories th. 280 mm)
Due to their density and thermal conductivity coefficient (K = 0.12 W/m°C at 400°C), our Nefalit® formulations are specially designed to meet a set of technical parameters (high temperature, density, conductivity, resistance, compression...) which solve your problems (reduction of high heat loss and temperature on the cold face, protection of the ladle/crucible/furnace wall, etc.)
That the insulation is constant throughout the life of your refractories
- Cold face temperature threshold (260°C max) respected throughout the process (*)
(*production site 3 million T/year, 120 T ladle, Steel 1650°C, 1,100 castings/year, Nefalit® 16 th. 10 mm back-up of refractories th. 290 mm, maximum authorised temperature limit 260°C cold face).
Today, only the replacement of refractories is the limit to our Nefalit® solutions' lifespan (provided that the other refractories do not have any "defects").
That the lifespan of your refractories is increased
- Lifespan of refractories increased by 10% (*)
(*production site 2.5 million T/year, 350 T ladle, Steel 1650°C, 1.000 castings/year, Nefalit® 11 th. 12 mm back-up of refractories th. 280 mm)
NEFALIT® MILLBOARDS solutions are refractory insulators based on mineral/bio-soluble fibres resistant to high temperatures from 750 to 1200°C & mechanical stresses.
Protect against thermal bridges; prevent hot air from infiltrating behind the bricks after a certain number of castings and severely damaging them. The Nefalit® will very strongly limit this infiltration.
- Up to 1200°C: very efficient in radiant heat & able to withstand high temperatures under high compression loads.
- Density 1.000 Kg/m3: which allows a higher thermal capacity compared to existing products on the market
- Resistant to hot compression less than 10%
- Thermal conductivity adapted to the application and giving significant results: 0.16 to 0.21 for temperatures of 600 to 1000°C.
That you are self-sufficient with an easy cutting and installation back-up
- Quick set-up: 4h (3 mn/m²) / 350 T ladle (*)
(*production site 2.5 million T/year, 350 T ladle, 80 m² of Nefalit® 11 th. 12 mm back-up of refractories)
Our Nefalit® millboard are easily cut with a cutter and are specially designed to easily follow the curves of your installations after a light humidification.